If the confusion following the last presidential election is any indication, the average citizen knows precious little about the democratic system and the laws that affect their daily lives. The Everything American Government Book unravels the complexities of our democracy and provides readers with the knowledge necessary to make the right decisions and take an active role in the management of their country. From the roots of American government and the challenges that have helped shape it over the years to its current structure and systems, this thoroughly researched work is ideal for anyone brushing up on civics, as well as students of all ages.
Readers learn about:
• The personalities and events that gave rise to our current system
• The real significance of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution
• The functions of each branch of government and how they work together
• Private sector’s influence on public policy and decision-making
• Ways to get involved and make a difference
Specially designed to inform and empower the average citizen during this critical election year, The Everything American Government Book provides the keys to understanding the ins and outs of the most powerful democracy in the world.